Adolescent (10 – 19 years) age group is a transition period from childhood to adulthood. Young people–often thought of as a healthy group—can sometimes face some serious health and safety issues such as motor vehicle crashes, violence, substance use, or risky sexual behaviours adversely affecting adolescent and young adults.
Sexually transmitted infections including HIV, poor eating and exercise habits, and pregnancy related complications lead to illness or premature death later in life.
We are well equipped to deal adolescents girls’ Gynaecology related issues and provide expert medical care in a caring and sensitive non-judgmental environment. We work closely with referring providers to coordinate a patient’s treatment and problem management.
We evaluate, diagnose, and treat gynaecological disorders in adolescent girls in a comprehensive manner. Listed below are the services we provide:
- Menstrual problems – Heavy bleeding / Frequent bleeding or Infrequent bleeding (Oligomenorrhoea) or Absent menstrual periods (amenorrhea)
- Pelvic pain & Menstrual pain (Dysmenorrhea)
- Pregnancy-related problems in adolescents
- Pregnancy prevention (contraception)
- Breast problems
- Abnormal puberty – Precocious or delayed
- Genital anomalies
- Adolescent sexual health: STD & PID
- Genital (vulvar or vaginal) infection or pain
- Genital injuries
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination primary cervical cancer prevention
- Ovarian cysts and masses
- Hormonal problems like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Excess facial and body hair (hirsutism), Acne & Obesity
- Our group provides complete nutritional counselling and deals with all cosmetic concerns too along with all laser treatments.
- Counselling sessions for Preventive health and guidance for teens are also available.