- Insurance card
- Any current medications that you take
- All your case documents and test reports
- Items of comfort like your toiletries, pillow, pajamas etc.
- Cell phone
- Loose fitting clothing for when you are ready to go back home
- Clothes for the newborn baby according to season. Bring a soft cap to cover the baby’s head.
- Car seat installed in the car and inspected
- Personal undergarments—i.e., nursing bra & house shoes etc.
For your Delivery – Day
The body starts preparing itself many days before delivery. The mouth of the womb (cervix) becomes soft, short, and thin, and even dilates a little bit. You can have thick mucous like secretion which can have streaks of blood too. It is normal and has no bad effects. The actual labor starts anytime between a few days to weeks after that.
Contact us when labor starts. You know it is the onset of labor when the following starts to happen:
- Regular, painful contractions which gradually increase in intensity and frequency and come every 3–5 minutes (lasting 60 seconds). If these pains persist for 1–2 hours then you should go to the hospital.
- Any watery discharge from vagina.
- Concerns regarding your baby’s movements. If you notice a change in the frequency of your baby’s movements in the womb, you should contact us immediately.
- Excess vaginal bleeding.
When you arrive, enter through the office entrance and go to the second floor; there is no need to go through the emergency room. Once at the hospital, you will be evaluated by the labor ward nurse and your doctor will be contacted.
W Pratiksha Hospital
Gurgaon Gynecology Group is associated with the W Pratiksha Hospital, Sector 56; an exclusive women’s hospital. A nurse is dedicated to you for continuous monitoring, once your labor pains start.. We have a 24 hours on-call anaesthetist coverage to provide epidural analgesia. We also provide support for natural birthing and provide all types of non-medicinal pain-relieving techniques.
We run a program called Nurturing Birth; it provides special antenatal and postnatal education and exercise classes. You may participate in the program at the W Pratiksha Hospital, Sector 56.
The W Pratiksha Hospital provides dedicated, complimentary, Lactation Counsellors who provide guidance on breastfeeding to new mothers. We provide this service at our outpatient lactation clinic also.
W Pratiksha Hospital has Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed 24/7 with neonatal specialists, supporting delivery of babies as early as 28 weeks. We provide facility for rooming in with baby too.