If you are a woman and suffering through weaken pelvic muscles or else tears in the connective tissues, then it is time for you to consult an urogynecologist immediately. An urogynecologist is a doctor who is expert in the care of women through pelvic floor disorders. The pelvic floor is a combination of muscles, ligaments along with connective tissue in the lowest area of the pelvis that gives support for a woman’s internal organs, together with the bowel, uterus, bladder, vagina as well as rectum.
A pelvic floor disorder takes place when women have vulnerable pelvic muscles otherwise tears in the connective tissue because of unwarranted strain on the pelvis as a result of childbirth, menopause, frequent strenuous activity, chronic ailment or pelvic surgical procedure. Other factors that can decline the pelvic floor include recurring heavy lifting, tobacco use and heredity.
Following are a few problems that arise from injury to the pelvic floor:
1. Prolapse: dropped uterus, bladder, vagina or else rectum tumble of pelvic organs; a swelling and/or pressure.
2. Incontinence: leakage of urine or feces, loss of bladder or else bowel control.
3. Fistulas: unusual gap between the vagina and rectum (rectovaginal), urethra (urethrovaginal) and vagina or the bladder (vesicovaginal) and vagina
4. Emptying Disorders: complicatedness urinating or moving bowels.
5. Overactive Bladder: regular need to void, bladder pressure, necessity, urge incontinence (complexity in holding back urine while having the urge to urinate)
6. Pain: uneasiness to the lower back, pelvis or else bladder and/or urethra.
When Should You Consult an Urogynecologist?
Even though you’re chief care physician, OB-GYN, or urologist might have knowledge regarding these troubles, a urogynecologist can propose additional expertise. You are supposed to observe (or be referred to) a urogynecologist while you have tribulations of prolapse, and/or troublesome urinary or else fecal incontinence otherwise when your main doctor advises consultation. Other troubles for which you or your physician might think about discussing with a urogynecologist include: pelvic pain or bladder pain, troubles with emptying the bladder or rectum, fistulas along with the necessity for special capability in vaginal surgery.
Treatment Alternatives from an Urogynecologist:
An urogynecologist can suggest a variety of therapies to heal or alleviate symptoms of pelvic floor disorders. You ought to choose the one that works finest for your lifestyle as well as meets your goals.
He or she may recommend conservative (non-surgical) or surgical remedy depending on your desires, the harshness of your situation and your general fitness. Conservative options comprise medications, behavioral and/or dietary modifications, pelvic exercises in addition to vaginal devices (also named pessaries). Pelvic Floor Therapy by way of Biofeedback in addition to Electric Stimulation is also therapy that your urogynecologist may advise. Safe and efficient surgical measures are also made use by the urogynecologist to take care of incontinence and prolapse.