One of the most common operations of women, It is done for various women diseases, when all other alternative treatments fails.
What is a hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus, leading to end of menstruation and the ability to become pregnant. With removal of uterus if required tube and ovary also can be removed in same sitting hysterectomy may be performed to treat:
- normal vaginal bleeding that is not controlled by other treatment methods
- Severe endometriosis (uterine tissue that grows outside the uterus)
- Uterine fibroids (benign tumors) that have increased in size, are painful or are causing bleeding
- Increased pelvic pain related to the uterus but not controlled by other treatment
- Uterine Prolapse (uterus that has “dropped” into the vaginal canal due to weakened support muscles) that can lead to urinary incontinence or difficulty with bowel movements
- Cervical or uterine cancer
Removal of the uterus is done through an incision in abdomen or vagina depending upon on why you need the surgery and on pelvic exam.
We offer you all type of hysterectomy depending upon type of incision after assessment
- No scar Hysterectomy
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
When you come for consultation, we will explain the procedure in detail, including possible complications and side effects and also answer your other queries