For successful, long‐term weight loss, one should make permanent changes in lifestyle and health habits. Achieving any therapeutic goal successfully involves consuming balanced diet, which includes all food groups in required amounts all through the day.
Make your weight-loss goals a reality. Follow these proven strategies:
Make a commitment:
Permanent weight loss takes time and effort — and a lifelong commitment. Make sure that you’re ready to make permanent changes and that you do so for the right reasons. No one else can make you lose weight. Make a list of what’s important to you to help stay motivated and focused,say to fit in your favourite dress,or any upcoming event or for healthy well being Then find a way to make sure that you can call on your motivational factors during moments of temptation.
Enjoy healthier foods:
Strive for variety to help you achieve your goals without giving up taste or nutrition.In particular, get your weight loss started by eating a healthy breakfast every day; eating at least five servings of vegetables and fruits daily; eating whole instead of refined grains; and using healthy fats, such as olive oil, vegetable oils and nut butters. In addition, cut back on sugar, choose low‐fat dairy products
Get active, stay active:
While you can lose weight without exercise, exercise plus calorie restriction can help give you the weight-loss edge. Exercise also offers numerous health benefits, including boosting your mood, strengthening your cardiovascular system and reducing your blood pressure.
There are some very simple things you can do every day to make sticking to healthy lifestyle
- Plan your meals so that you eat healthy food, not just whatever is easiest
- Think before you eat instead of raiding the refrigerator every time you feel hungry.
- Use a smaller plate, so that you can’t heap on much more than you really want or need
- Avoid Stress,sleep at least 5‐6 hrs for weight loss
- Chew slowly and completely, savoring every mouthful, instead of packing in as much as you can as quickly as you can.
- Keep yourself hydrated with fluids like lemon water,coconut water,and plain water
- Quit smoking and restrict alcoholic drinks to avoid added calories
- A gradual reduction of 3‐4kgs in a month is desirable.