The biggest dream of every woman is to deliver a baby and mollycoddle it. After the birth of the baby a woman becomes physically as well as emotionally attached to it. She wants to pay her undivided attention on it even to the detriment of other responsibilities. This seems legitimate too as pregnancy period was exhausting and the postpartum period starts after the delivery and ends when her body regains its normal health. This time interval hovers about 6-8 weeks. A baby normally awakes after every 3 hours and keeps its parents on their toes, its especially mother. A woman is advised to take at least proper slumber of 8 hours. However such uninterrupted slumber remains the matter of dream. In such circumstances it is suggested to the concerned woman to maintain her rest cycle as par with the baby. The Best Gynaecologist in Gurgaon. The Gynecologists Group states that taking care of a mother and baby is a very difficult task for the family members during this time frame. However it can be made easier by following a few useful methods:-
- Relieve of accountability-A woman ought to be relieved from her all household responsibilities. She must be given full freedom as well as time to look after her baby. She will be able to feed the baby in a proper manner in such holistic circumstances.
- Support-Family members ought to muster their full support to her. Her laundry, vacuuming, dishes and other household responsibilities must be catered by them during this interval.
- Nutrition– There is two significant reasons for proper nutrition for a mother in this period. First one is that the cumbersome procedure of pregnancy debilitates her body and second is that she herself is supposed to be healthy and active to feed milk to baby. Many lactation experts advise that a mother should eat whenever she feels hungry. Her family members should provide balanced cooked meals to her at regular intervals.
- Weight gain– A woman should not bother about her weight gain. Since this enhanced weight shall be useful in building stores for her recovery and breastfeeding.
- Comfort– A woman suffers through excruciating pain during delivery. Things do not settle down even after it. Pain, swelling and cramps make her suffer a lot later on too. In addition to pain medication she should also be served by a midwife at regular intervals. Further she should be supplied with ice packs to reduce swellings in her perineum along with everything available in bathroom such as perineum bottle to wash her bottom.
- Hydration– New mothers are advised to remain sufficiently hydrated for the complete healing and production of plenty milk supply.
- Sleeping time– A new mother is supposed to take rest when their baby sleeps. This is the best method to strike a balance between her fitness and the care to baby.
- Baby’s bed near to her– A new mother ought to sleep near her baby’s bed to take her proper care.